Design Environments is a nationally renowned interior design firm specializing in the interior architecture and merchandising of model homes, clubhouses and amenity/sales facilities throughout the United States.
Design Environments is an award winning, top selling design firm working throughout the country with many of the nation’s top builders and developers. Our highly skilled staff offers professional consultation in architectural detailing, spaceplanning, lighting design and floorplan reviews through state-of-the-art CAD systems. Equally important, we offer extensive warehousing and purchasing systems to ensure timely delivery and smooth installations.
Our clients appreciate our commitment to excellent quality and our bottom line approach to merchandising. Our philosophy is to offer great design at a cost effective price to help our clients become more successful and profitable. As part of your team, we’ll help you identify your target market and will design towards enticing them to become your best customer.
Design Environments, Inc. was founded in 1991 by Donna DeLuca in Atlanta, Georgia. Ms. DeLuca recognized early the need for a company specializing in the design and marketing of model homes and clubhouses.
The following is a general outline of the services that are offered by Design Environments:
Architectural Critique of the Floorplan:
Recommendations for improved floorplans to include:
• Layout of furniture and traffic flow
• Reflected ceiling plan and electrical consideration
The Designer works in conjunction with the Architect and Client to review and critique the floorplan. It is best to implement this before any construction begins on the dwelling.
Buyer Profile Defined:
• Potential buyer’s characteristics and profile
• Analyze neighborhood
• Visit competition (as needed)
• Evaluate amenities
Understanding the buyer profile is one of the most important steps in merchandising a successful model and establishing an effective sales environment. The design concept, to include all details, colors and furnishings selected, will be based on this evaluation.
Presentation of Design Concept:
• Target buyer
• Accentuate architectural features
• Lifestyle theme
• Color palette including fabrics and wallcoverings
• Furniture style and placement
• Samples of all applicable finishes and surfaces.
The design concept is presented with color boards and detail drawings that will display the theme, fabrics, colors, surface specifications and furnishings of each room of the space.
Provide Interior CAD based Construction Documents
• Designer will call out interior specifications and surfaces
• All custom designed cabinetry, wall treatments and built-ins are drawn by the Designer and incorporated into drawing set
• Construction documents are created by CAD designer and reviewed by Designer to ensure accuracy
• Construction documents to be emailed to client or Architect for use and integration with other drawing sets
• Complete set of construction documents will be submitted to client approximately four to six weeks after proposal is signed
Consultation with Vendors
• Review light switch and electrical layout with Architect and / or lighting supplier
• Work with lighting vendors to select fixtures within Client’s budget parameters.
We work with all subcontractors and vendors to ensure that all phases of the installation will be consistent and compliment each other.
Purchasing and Expediting of Model Contents
• Custom bedding and draperies
• Accessories, imitation plants and florals, artwork, lamps, wallpaper (if applicable) and blinds (if requested)
Upholstered items take eight to ten weeks for delivery. Once ordered, we expedite weekly to ensure product receipt by scheduled installation date. All product is received at DEI’s centralized warehouse for control and inspection.
Client is responsible for:
• Installation and supply of wallpaper, built-ins, carpet, light fixtures, tile, vinyl, and painting (*anything attached to the building)
• Model to be delivered to Designer in move-in condition with electrical and water systems in place, sidewalks and driveways complete and Certificate of Occupancy granted
• Installation and travel are finalized a minimum of two weeks prior to installation date
• The initiation of installation and travel arrangements occurs when client signs Pre-Installation Checklist indicating that the dwelling will be complete and have a Certificate of Occupancy prior to DEI’s arrival
• The installation is a two to three day process per job and is a turn-key operation
• All installation related debris is removed
• We strongly encourage a walk–thru at the end of the installation between the Client and DEI to ensure satisfaction and completion of job